- Background and applicability:
· Incidents and accidents that may have involved lithium batteries;
· The basis of the requirements;
· UK legislation and enforcement.
· Hidden dangerous goods;
· Lithium battery provisions for passengers and crew;
· Dangerous goods in the mail;
· State and operator variations.
· The 9 classes of dangerous goods;
· Classification criteria for lithium batteries;
· UN 38.3 tests.
· Selection of appropriate proper shipping names
· Special provisions
· Selection and use of various Packing Instructions
· Selection of appropriate sections of the Packing Instructions (i.e. I, IA, IB and II)
- Marks and labelling
· Specifications and selection of appropriate marks, hazard warning labels and handling labels.
· Completion of the Shipper’s declaration
· Completion of the applicable sections of the air waybill.
- At this point there is a test to verify understanding, successful completion of which results in allocation of a UK Civil Aviation Authority student registration number.
Road & Sea
· Additional requirements and differences for ADR and IMDG Code
Cancellation Terms: After registering for the Event, if you cancel your attendance up to 30 days prior to the Event you will receive a full refund. If you cancel up to 14 days prior to the date of the Event, you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel within 14 days of the date of the Event, you will not be eligible for a refund; however, substitutions (subject to availability) may be arranged.